Knowledge is Power

Join us, the Butler County Rape Crisis Program, in giving voice to our concerns, opinions, experiences, and resources when it comes to stopping rape and sexual assault in our communities. We'd love to hear from you!

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Who knows?

I guess I should start by introducing myself and my agency. My name is Rachel and I am the newly hired Community Outreach and Prevention Educator at the Butler County Rape Crisis Center. Our agency seeks to provide support, advocacy, and education to victims of sexual assault and the community as a whole. We (myself and the six other wonderful women I work with) travel to hospitals, schools, courthouses, police stations, and lots of other places where our services are needed. We also have many dedicated, volunteer victim advocates that give of their time and energy as well. Small, but mighty, we are a 24/7 victim support service that is changing the world one work day at a time! :)

We are always looking for new resources, stories, information, and ways to partner with people to prevent the epidemic that is sexual assault. Through this blog, we would love to interact with and hear from other people out there that wish to do the same. Please share your knowledge with us and the rest of our community through your posts, comments, articles, books, videos, and more! I look forward to blogging with you!

No comments:

Post a Comment